Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sorry if i'm not clear enough, but english is not my native language. I've had a bee sting on the top of my head(on the right side) about 4 months ago. My mom didn't find the bee sting, i told her where the sting was, but she told me few times that she doesn't see anything, just a barely visible red spot, that's what she said. The same day i noticed a lump on the back of my head, two centimeters to the right of my left ear and slightly above it. So, the lump is above 4-5 centimeters from where the sting was. It's about 0.5cm/1 centimeters in size, it's hard to say really. It's not rock hard, it's just swelling, i mean it feels normal, but the skin is raised a little bit. Sometimes it dissapears for few days and then it appears again and it's present for about a month maybe. So, i've had it for 4 months now. I don't feel pain in that area, except the first day after the bite. Actually the day before the sting on the head, i've had another sting near my right armpit. Not sure if this has something to do with the lump. Is that normal? Is it really something caused by the bee sting or it's something else? Does someone here knows?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would see a doctor about this. Usually when I get stung, after 4 or 5 days, the itching and swelling is gone. Everyone is different, though. Again, see a doctor!

·
Registered
90 Posts
You have lymph nodes on the back of your head. They will swell when your body tries to fight something off. Lymph nodes can stay swollen for weeks or months. I would see a DR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts