Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I just got stung today on my wrist. I had a bad reaction before with swelling and sadly it was in the same spot a month ago. However, this time I’m getting hives all over my body. Besides that, my breathing seems fine and I don’t feel sick or lightheaded. Any thoughts? Should I for to the ER (would rather not with CoVID and all)

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
Hey there, I just got stung today on my wrist. I had a bad reaction before with swelling and sadly it was in the same spot a month ago. However, this time I’m getting hives all over my body. Besides that, my breathing seems fine and I don’t feel sick or lightheaded. Any thoughts? Should I for to the ER (would rather not with CoVID and all)
Since you are writing this and seem clear-minded - just stay home.
Take that Benadryl or whatever you should be having at home anyway.

NOTE: I take no responsibility for me advice and you should not be depending on anyone from Internet who told to do this (or not do this).
You should know better than asking such questions here.
This sounds almost funny but isn't.
:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
A talk with your physician may be in order. If you have a general (all over) reaction to the sting, not just a local one, that may suggest a serious allergy developing. Not something to mess with in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
That does not bode well. :( There may not be any need to panic right now (as your breathing is ok), but - as already mentioned - I'd strongly suggest that you discuss this with your physician asap.
LJ

·
Registered
56 Posts
My uncle about 50 years ago, got stung in the back yard by one bee and he got such an immediate reaction, they rushed him to the hospital where he almost died. They got to him just in the nick of time. Yep, nothing to mess with. Check with the doctor. People react differently to bee stings. I was very lucky myself one time. While on a hump through the jungle of Vietnam,as I was walking rear security, I tunrned around and walk right smack dab into a hanging nest of sorts. I was stung many times on the eyes,mouth,tongue,hands and any place else that was exposed. I spent the next three days and nights walking through the jungle with a squad buddy on each side of me guiding me through because my eyes were swollen shut and the jungle was so thick, they couldn't get a chopper in to get me out. I wear a full bee suit when I go to my hives.That was a scary situation and a wake up call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts