I find this solution kind of humorous....I swell horribly, and itch.....and I take nothing for relief and it subsides in 3 to 4 days with no treatment...Allegra 180 once daily or 60mg every 12 hours. Cortisone cream, (preferably stronger than over the counter 1%), 3-4 times daily. Ibuprofen 600mg every 6 hours with food. Continue this for 3-4 days.
I've been hit 6-7 times so far this year...Sting therapy, I call it. The swelling now is much less than the first couple times. I lately have used "Benadryl Gel" on day two and it helps the itching pretty well.
I tried the tablets, but found myself napping at my desk in the afternoon...
Good quality Red Wine - internally!sorry if this has been done before.
I've gotten a few stings now that I have my bees and the sting isn't so bad, its the next day when it swells up and itches like crazy that drives me nuts. does anyone have any good tricks they do when getting stung?
I agree - get stung sooner, and more often. I got my first sting on the heal of my foot, when I was 4 y.o. It stung, I remember it turned red and got warm/hot, but didn't swell much. Grandpa told me about honey bees and gave me my first taste of honey, maybe it made the sting easier to take. It certainly started my curiosity and interest in bees. Since then, I can't count how many stings I've received, but I don't remember them ever causing any swelling. I get stung regularly on the neck, face, hands, and nostrils. Stings have been a fairly regular thing since I started keeping bees in 1966. It sure hurts for about half a minute, and I'd rather not feel that intense and painful burning sensation, but it subsides quickly and the stings are supposed to be beneficial. I sure hope they are.scrape the stinger off and keep on going. You need to get stung more. Then swelling and itching won't be a problem.