Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a one sheet explanation of beekeeping to hand-out to school children. Any know of a website?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can plagiarize my work at americasbeekeeper.org/What_is_a_beehive.htm
Thanks! It is not a matter of being " lazy" or that I would want to " plagiarize" anybody - it is an attempt to learn from what others have been doing.
I don't have the skill yet to put photos with text on the computer.
The article at Americas Beekeeper is lovely and user friendly. I hope to encourage a few youngsters to take up this interesting hobby by having a hand-out for them to get excited. School project is probably not the best description. Sorry if I offended responder no 1!

·
Registered
760 Posts
its ok - just sounded like you wanted someone to do the work and you take the credit --- your first post came off that way

but after your update it sounds better -- im all for teaching children but hate to see them find easy paths - since life it a harsh road

anyhow - have fun with it

in that case - try the PINK PAGES -- Lots of bee info on there

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Some people have learned to be calous and insulting on the Internet. I am sorry I did not include pictures in the articles due to my Central and South American audience with limited bandwidth. I have pictures at www.americasbeekeeper.com/Gallery.htm www.americasbeekeeper.com/2010_Gallery.htm and www.americasbeekeeper.com/Private_Gallery.htm
The private one is for my students so it will be our secret. The Americas is actually a reference to the three Americas.
It was insulting to the other two Americas when the President said America was attacked and it was just the United States, make sense?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Americas Beekeeper and Concrete Beekeeper ( I had a friend living there) - English is actually my third language and I find trying to keep messages short on the internet can lead to miss-understanding. I will be more careful in the future.
We have lots of US students here and we do call them US Americans - making them aware that they are part of a bigger America.
I put out a little newsletter and you can access it here: http://ecovillageresearchgroup.com.au/ . The latest Newsletter ( not on-line yet - you need to subscribe - it is free) has my story about my experience with SHB.
Thanks for input! max

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
true, like selling beesource's plans on ebay - for free plans, they should be tied up and thrown on a yellowjacket nest, unfortunately there are not many good pictures or new ideas that are not new opinions in beekeeping, I read all the most popular beekeeping books for the Masterbeekeeper in Florida, they are the same pictures in every publication. I am working on the college sending over their good cameras to get pictures for the websites and workshops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts