Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume the answer is no : anyone aware of any bee safe treatments for Japanese beetles? I've got the traps out, but this year seems particularly brutal. I largely have a "no pesticide" yard/garden/orchard, but I can only pick off so many, and the traps seem overloaded more than normal this year (aware of the "attractant pheomenon with them, but this year is clearly way worse).

thanks in advance!

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
I had pretty good success with the systemic treatments when the beetles hit my roses several years ago. Would not work on anything the bees foraged I fear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had pretty good success with the systemic treatments when the beetles hit my roses several years ago. Would not work on anything the bees foraged I fear.
Good point - may help with the roses at least. Roses and most of the apples/pears seem particularly beetle tasty.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
That’s fantastic. Anybody use this over a large area?
I used it over a 10 acres, they say it spreads in the soil over time, kind of expensive for large area's but gets better over time.
if I remember correctly, in different parts of the country there are two types of beatles, this only works on one type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts