Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, me again. I've been scouring the web to find any places selling bees locally, equipment, and things like that but haven't had much luck. Does anyone know of a directory or website that lists these things by state or geographic location? Thanks.

regards,
Bill Warren-maine

·
Registered
222 Posts
You might try Beehoo.com

Neubee

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm. Weird. It's an Alpaca site. Not one mention of bee anywhere. Wonder if it's a DNS mistake?

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Golly Bill... you're right. Must be a name service foul up. I'll investigate.

There's darn few Maine web sites pertaining to bees. There's my site, but not much of interest there yet. Seems there is a "Midnight Bee" site that is in Maine. I'll look.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Hrm. Yeah, it's a foul up. Right name, wrong site. Ironically, the Alpaca site is in Waldoboro where the MSBA web designer lives.. so this may not be a name service booboo. I know the technical contact, I'll email him when I get home.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
AH!!!! Jeez. The URL above has an included dot at the end if the name (www.mainebeekeepers.org.). If you take the dot off the end, it works. They both resolve to the same address so I'd say it's a virtual host configuration problem on the web server. And it turns out, the Alpaca farm belongs to the MSBA web site developer. It's all becoming perfectly clear...

Wassup with that?

[Later] It's a redirect script that fails to trap malformed urls is all. Defaults to the alpaca site. Happens all the time. Nothing to see here folks, move along...

George-

[ April 21, 2006, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: George Fergusson ]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, good find George, I can't believe I didn't notice.

·
Registered
694 Posts
George, I'm Woodchopper's wife (pleased to meet you
) You're right, there are very few Maine beekeeping resources on the web, thanx for posting the new association link! Could you post your link, too? Thanx!

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Oh sure thing Ann. Pleased to meet you too

http://www.sweettimeapiary.com/

The site needs work, it's a time and motivation thing. I'll get around to it in my own sweet time... which is incidentally how our apiary got it's name

There's a fair number of beekeeping *people* in Maine, just not a lot of them have sites. One thing I intend to do with my site is highlight some of the folks I come in contact with. One fellow is Rick Cooper of Bowdoinham, heck of a nice guy and one of Maine's two Master Beekeepers. I bought a package off him today.

George-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts