Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new beekeeper & am looking for a good source for a starter bee package appropriate for TN beehive. Any suggestions? Thanks for your input..... Chip

·
Registered
218 Posts
Check with the Tennessee Valley Beekeepers Assoc. They may be buying packages for members and new beekeepers and will know what is appropriate for you locally. They will also be a great source of information (like this web site) and may be able to hook you up with a mentor. Nothing beats an experienced nearby beekeeper for help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Tennessee valley beeks would be a great place to get started. They have a class that provides you with your first hive and bees along with instruction with a mentor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello I am new to the site but I have been keeping bees for around 5 years. I have never bought bees from Arnold's but I have heard good things about him. I went into winter with about 35 hives I plan to be able to sell some queens, nucs and maybe a few full hives. I sent you a pm chip I'm not far from Chattanooga maybe I can help you out at the least give you some advice on getting started, I've made just about every mistake you can make with bees and learn something new everyday.
Major Frerichs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts