Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looks like a good thing for the bees to me, the more help they get the better. The trend is also raising awareness on the use of pesticides and the poision we dump in our food supply. I raise cattle and sale beefs in the fall for people to eat, almost all my customers are worried about what their buying at the food market, with the hormones etc. I just raise natural with no meds added for the cattle and business is more than I can handle and the cattle are healthy and doing fine for years now.

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
Every article published and every story broadcast these days includes the following, which is directly from the WSJ piece.

Roughly one-third of what we eat depends on honeybees for pollination. As bees collect pollen for food, they spread it from one flower to another, which helps plants reproduce.

That statement may not be accurate, yet it continues to get repeated.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I have had to make up about double the nucs I had planned because of so much demand by new beekeepers. Next year I will also be making up Top Hive nucs because right now we are having to cut down regular frames to fit in top bar hives which they later remove.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sadly the comments show just how ignorant people can be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts