Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all honey bee hives collapsed 100% ---- there has been a much higher than normal === total 100 percent of the hives in a large geographic area --- does anyone know what the cause of such significant collapses could be ---- virtually all of the hives within several hundred mile died --- collapsed --- cause(s) are guesses only ----

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
This is a pretty sketchy report. Do you have any links to news articles or other sources that might describe this collapse?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
This is a pretty sketchy report. Do you have any links to news articles or other sources that might describe this collapse?
virtually all of the hives within several hundred mile died
Especially considering that "several hundred miles" would include Lauri Miller's operation in Roy, WA, which we all know is booming. :scratch:

Rusty

·
Super Moderator
11,162 Posts
Well, Washington state is a bit bigger than that. It is 400 miles between Kettle Falls WA and Lauri in Roy WA. :)

Kettle Falls is in an area that can experience cold winters. What are/were the conditions of the dead hives? Any honey left? How may hives are you referring to?

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
I saw a panic report going around about all the bees on almonds this year were 'damaged'. I think it is the normal we are all gonna die rhetoric from the easily alarmed. I would think we would have gotten first party reports here if this was a real thing.

·
Super Moderator
11,162 Posts
Note that Beesource member RAK (a commercial beekeeper - last visit here April 17th) is based in Spokane, a bit south of Kettle Falls. I suspect that he would know about this situation if it was indeed widespread.

·
Registered
84 Posts
And a nice tall mountain range (Cascades) that split the state. If the left side of the state was affected then Southern BC, Canada would have too along with Idaho and parts of Montana... LOL:lpf:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts