Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved into a new place in January and been slowly talking to neighbors. Next door is a woman who been
there since 1965. She knows everyone and everything about everyone... I managed to slip in a bee comment about
a week ago and she piped up and said her brother in law had hives a while back and he used to keep her supplied
with fresh honey and she loved it. So..last night I brought her a jar of mine and asked he if she thought anyone around
would complain if i had a few hives. Her response was no why would anyone care?? Then she added i would love it
for the flowers and such.. Very cool!! And when I thought it couldnt get any better.. she told me she wanted chickens
but the guy I bought my place from did not want them so she never got them. To all you out in the country with
tons of space and acres, this may sound strange. Im about 5 miles from NYC and this is a small miracle as far as
I am concerned. NOw I need to transport a hive or two from Central NY. I have two other neighbors to deal with but
I am less worried about them. I think Ill be OK.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked into this before moving. Nothing in the town ordinances against bee keeping, that I could find. Chickens are actually allowed by law in the town.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts