·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some weird things, but I am not sure what to think about this:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
When someone told her to buy 'pasties' for her dance she heard 'carnies' lol:banana:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Wow that was like some sort of flash back from things I did in the 80's.
I think she's tripping on bee venom.
Look's like she could use some rehab.
Very strange I love my bee's but there's some things that are just not right.
:applause:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a nut job. From her bio:

I think of this dance as a duet among many. These 12,000 bees push with their powerful wings from each side of my body, I resist and then I let go and flow and move with them. It is a deep meditation and I feel the hive mind surround me, hold me, and expand my body on a cellular level. I am a healer, dancer, artist, builder of structures and bee keeper. As bee keepers, my partner, Theodore and I hope to help the bees of the northwest by encouraging them to swarm and become hardy in the ever changing environment.

I think Cartman sums it up best.

Screw You Hippies.jpg

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Nabber, that stuff is bafflegab. Since it can be interpreted in so many ways it must be very profound!:rolleyes: One theologian of note claimed that the more bizarre the content that he could believe the greater was his faith. I would rather be badgered for being of little faith.:lookout:

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,164 Posts
Try an image search on "bee beard" and you'll find "bee bikinis" etc. Count me out... but she's not the only person to do such crazy things... here's Jay Smith with a beard...

bushfarms.com/images/BQPg99ba.jpg

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Try an image search on "bee beard" and you'll find "bee bikinis" etc. Count me out... but she's not the only person to do such crazy things... here's Jay Smith with a beard...

bushfarms.com/images/BQPg99ba.jpg
I think we have all seen bee beards, but this lady brings a whole new level of wierdo. Here are some picks of a recent bee bearding contest in China. Some guy set a world record:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rd-longest-time-covered-bees-didnt-stung.html

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Perhaps I'm the only one that appreciates it for what it is? I see it as an artistic expression with the added benefit to beekeepers in that demonstrates to the general public that honeybees are not little killing machines as the sensationalist press loves to portray.

Wayne

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Perhaps I'm the only one that appreciates it for what it is? I see it as an artistic expression with the added benefit to beekeepers in that demonstrates to the general public that honeybees are not little killing machines as the sensationalist press loves to portray.

Wayne
The problem with that, though, is that they very well can be killing machines. Even a non allergic person can be done in on occasion by multiple stings. Artistic expression here, absolutely, but then so is bullfighting. That should not be used to dilute reasonable caution needed.

I bet there was some selective application of attracting and repelling scents to control where the bees were invited and where they were not. I still find a weirdness to the facial expressions and scenes. Not sure what the take away message is supposed to bee, :)

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Now there's the message we as beekeepers want the public to embrace.

Wayne
Wayne you snipped my post in your quote;). Spin put on information is something we will not get away from. So much time is wasted trying to balance misperception with equally uninformative information with the opposite spin.

As a beekeeper I try to be neutral with my information to the public. I found the video to be somehow weird, that I cannot put to words. I doubt her dance or duet will tempt few maidens to emulate her performance. I got a bee up my pant leg a few days ago. There was a lot more action to my dance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts