Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a digital subscriber to Bee Culture Mag. I know that you can print out articles/ entire issues etc. What I was wondering was is it possible to save the entire issue or at least articles as a pdf file or any digital file type , instead of having to print it out etc. I would love to be able to load the mag on my kindle if it is at all possible. I am not too crazy about the idea of having to print out everything I would like a copy . Thank you for any info

·
Beesource.com Sponsor
106 Posts
I am not a subscriber to the digital Bee Culture, mine comes on paper, so I am not familiar with their rules. If you can print an article, you could print it into a pdf file also. CutePDF and Bullzip are two of many free programs available to use to print a pdf copy. Download, install and then they show up on your computer like a printer. After you click to print, you chose this program instead of your normal Canon or Brother or what have you, then you tell it where to save the file and voila!

Chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had the digital version for a year and switch to the paper version. Because my work is on the computer the last thing I wanted to do was set at it and read so I switched to the printed version.
I saved all my digital version by printing them out as a PDF as cowdoc suggested. I used a professional version of a PDF software program (only because I needed it for business) and found that it did not print out quite like the magazine. If I remember correctly it would insert a blank page every other page or something like that. It did always do that with every issue and it may have been some setting that needed to be adjusted. At the time I did not have the time to check into it. As cowdoc suggested I would get one of the free PDF printer programs and use it. Previous to buying a profession version of PDF software I used the CutePDF program and another call WinPDF. Both were good programs but did not totally fits my needs at the time. Even if it does not print out quite like the magazine it's still a workable solution.

Ken

·
Vendor
341 Posts
You can easily save PDF copies of ABJ from their system, which is nice. It also maintains the search functionality, so you can search for topics among all issues at once. I'm not sure if you print to PDF this would be the case (file size may also be bigger).

A few years ago, you could save the Bee Culture issues as PDF's from their system, but seems like the functionality disappeared. I was meaning to ask Dawn at Bee Culture (who handles the magazine subscriptions) if this could still be done . . .

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
I don't know what they (Bee Culture) has available, but if you buy adobe acrobat pro you can create pdfs by simply picking pdf from the print menu and anything youc an print, you can print to a pdf. You can also make and edit pdfs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your help . I downloaded the Cutepdf program and am now able to save pdf copies . Thank you all very much once again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts