Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year, on this forum, I posted a link on an inexpensive BeeVac you can make by using a 5 Gal. bucket shop vac. The February issue of BeeCulture magazine came out yesterday and they had an article on my vac. The article on how to make it is on page 62 and 63. I hope it helps out people who want one. Thank you BeeCulture magazine for publishing the vacuum design.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Excellent design! Especially using two buckets for air flow control. I'm gathering the parts now to build one for the swarm season. Thanks for letting this go for free to the rest us. Very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
okbees,
I no longer subscribe to bee culture, but I would love to use your design, and have tried to find it again here on beesource to no avail. Is there a link to the design available?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Valleyman,

Select the search option at the top

user name = okbees
search phrase = BeeVac

Select the time frame of 1 year and then hit "search"

I too don't get the mag but I can't get into facebook either ( don't want to )

·
Registered
163 Posts
I made his plans into a .pdf file I tried to unpload it here but was unable to its 2.11 MB. I can email it to any any body that wants it just let me know there email address. I made the vac about a month ago when I found the plans on the internet here are a couple pics of it. I got everything at Lowes. The vac was only about 19.00 and the buckets were 2.70. I did buy a extra 10 ft of hose. My pickup has a 110 volt converter so if I can get close to a swarm with some extension cords I might get to catch one.

bevac22.jpg beevac11.jpg bevac33.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts