Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Does everything but cures cancer. Huh, what's up w/ that? I guess if I only had a small number of hives and had problems that this device claims to fix or enhance I might buy one or two to see how well it works. Otherwise, it doesn't seem practical to me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think I mite buy one then show how to build it on the cheap . The components can be bought pretty cheap I believe .

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Does everything but cures cancer.
LOL. That's a fact. Um, well according to them it probably is a fact. They can't spell major either.... "magor" :D I'd say direct translation of Engrish from Mandarin Chinese.......

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,108 Posts
The bees are very adept at ventilation and their process is quite complex and instantly adjustable to conditions. This system is none of those things... bees have to cool the hive through careful control of ventilation and evaporation... if you just move hot air into the hive it will make it impossible for them to cool it...

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Ross,
How does someone make money off of that idea? Is there a company in China exporting sticks? (sarcasm, in case someone didn't get it.)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The bees are very adept at ventilation and their process is quite complex and instantly adjustable to conditions. This system is none of those things... bees have to cool the hive through careful control of ventilation and evaporation... if you just move hot air into the hive it will make it impossible for them to cool it...
Michael, what do you think of popsicle sticks under the lid for ventilation? Causing bees to work harder to cool? Hot and humid here.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,108 Posts
>Michael, what do you think of popsicle sticks under the lid for ventilation? Causing bees to work harder to cool? Hot and humid here.

I think some upper exit for hot moist air is helpful since it keeps the bees from having to do all the work by allowing a chimney effect. How much is the dilemma. Too much and they can't cool the hive. Too little and they can't cool the hive. My guess is the popscicle sticks will be an improvement over no upward ventilation.

·
Registered
172 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts