Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, the originator of a new idea can be relied upon to say....
"Hey, I've got a GREAT idea!" Well, it's mine turn now.

In a different website (are there any other websites?) I mentioned to a freind who is one of the most creative at coming up with new terms for various beekeeping concepts that it is interesting that so many new phrases arise here and yon yet for the familiar beek, all the phrases make perfect sense, even simplifying a complex thought. We have our own culture, quite directly put.

Simply, before I could even finish explaining my own complex thought to her, a new term came to mind. Bee-bonics.

The language with uses such terms and words that spell-check is constantly frowning upon. If you're like me at all, and cut/paste messages, posts, and emails into MS Word, your computer almost seizes up trying to proof-read the document
I think I've doubled the size of the default dictionary of my computer with phrases like: drawn-out, queenless, queen-right, broodless, nuc, houseling, Cloake, etc.

So now I have a dialect to refer to regarding the language we speak.

Waya (sha-zizziling the bee-dizzle)

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
waya sezs:
The language with uses such terms and words that spell-check is constantly frowning upon

tecumseh replies:
well given my lack of natural talent in regards to spelling and the years I have spent at educational institutions with other folks putting little wavy red lines LIBERALLY throughout my writing and then returning the favor by placing little wavy red lines LIBERALLY throughout other folks writing let me just state in the most direct fashion. spell check... just forget it, leave it alone, just don't go there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts