Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beesource.com Sponsor
Hives and Nucs
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fed-Ex just gave us a discount that we are going to pass on directly to our customers. At least 23% off home delivery rates, more depending on our sales. That means a shipment to the east coast for one Screened Bottom Board, that will last for years, never need painting, would cost around $30 rather than rather than $40. Yes, still expensive, but the price goes down as you order more boards, 3 SBBs are $22 each and 5 SBB’s are $20 each.
That is just the East Coast. Put in your zip code and find out shipping costs. Got to our website www.countryrubes.com and check it out.
Have a club or a bunch of friends? Club and bulk discounts 10% off 36 SBB’s. These prices are only good if delivered to a business address with a dock or picked up at a FedEx Freight Location. Home delivery adds $110 to the price. Fed-Ex gave us bulk shipping rates that work out to be, when you order 36 SBB’s, $10.31 to the East Coast, $6.03 to Washing and San Diego. Check out your zone and shipping price. These bulk orders will be ready to go out in March 2021. We can make arrangements if you need them sooner. You will need to contact me directly on Bulk Orders, [email protected] to get your discount and bulk shipping prices until I can figure out how to get these prices on my website.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Fed-Ex just gave us a discount that we are going to pass on directly to our customers. At least 23% off home delivery rates, more depending on our sales. That means a shipment to the east coast for one Screened Bottom Board, that will last for years, never need painting, would cost around $30 rather than rather than $40. Yes, still expensive, but the price goes down as you order more boards, 3 SBBs are $22 each and 5 SBB’s are $20 each.
That is just the East Coast. Put in your zip code and find out shipping costs. Got to our website www.countryrubes.com and check it out.
Have a club or a bunch of friends? Club and bulk discounts 10% off 36 SBB’s. These prices are only good if delivered to a business address with a dock or picked up at a FedEx Freight Location. Home delivery adds $110 to the price. Fed-Ex gave us bulk shipping rates that work out to be, when you order 36 SBB’s, $10.31 to the East Coast, $6.03 to Washing and San Diego. Check out your zone and shipping price. These bulk orders will be ready to go out in March 2021. We can make arrangements if you need them sooner. You will need to contact me directly on Bulk Orders, [email protected] to get your discount and bulk shipping prices until I can figure out how to get these prices on my website.
You have a very good product and I could use some new bottom boards next spring but I will check out the rates to the midwest.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You have a very good product and I could use some new bottom boards next spring but I will check out the rates to the midwest.
I just checked and the cost to the midwest is $.9.43. However, your bottom board is $49.00 so the cost is almost $60.00 for a bottom board. It is a good product but there are too many boards available with free shipping over $100. There comes a point where a product is simply overpriced.

·
Beesource.com Sponsor
Hives and Nucs
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your insight. I know our boards are in the high range. They are all custom made and inspected by my husband and myself and weatherproofed by boiling them in a solution of paraffin and tree rosin. It drives all the moisture out and soaks in the solution. You never have to paint, in fact, paint will not stick to it. We are still using our prototypes from 2005. We are giving a discount for bulk buying and Fed Ex are putting together another deal that can be delivered to a residence with a minimum of 25 SBB and that's floating around $8 a board and that's East Coast.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes you have a great product and my boards have lasted for many years. Unfortunately our cost are exceeding our revenues and we have to find less expensive boards. Good luck,

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Thanks for your insight. I know our boards are in the high range. They are all custom made and inspected by my husband and myself and weatherproofed by boiling them in a solution of paraffin and tree rosin. It drives all the moisture out and soaks in the solution. You never have to paint, in fact, paint will not stick to it. We are still using our prototypes from 2005. We are giving a discount for bulk buying and Fed Ex are putting together another deal that can be delivered to a residence with a minimum of 25 SBB and that's floating around $8 a board and that's East Coast.
my 2012 Country Rube SBB is still around, but it really looks kind of moldy.

·
Beesource.com Sponsor
Hives and Nucs
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Gypsi, they do darken with age, and sometimes that can be uneven. Just looks sort of moldy, but not moldy right? Still working good? Check out our prototype from 2005 Old Board Still In Use
Note the blank tag, we were cutting our own for a very short while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts