Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opened the front door around 7 pm tonight and right there off to the side was a nice big black bear ,I got to watch her for quite awhile . She walked up into the field and stood up and I could see her mouth open with the binoculars , never saw that before , eventually she got up into a thIn section of the woods and two cubs joined her . I think when she was standing she was calling the cubs , they walked around the property for awhile and into the woods . I think originally they came from up the hill where my hives are so I jumped on the golf cart and checked the hives , all was good !!!!!!!!! My fencer must be working good, This same crew was around alot last summer .

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thanks for the update. I will be looking out for those black bears in the mountains. Hopefully we will both have good luck as far as them not getting to our bees.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Reports of the black bears on the move now in our area too. I haven't seen any myself, but, there were warnings on the radio yesterday for a couple of the local hiking areas.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grozzie , any griz out there where your at , we fished the Russian river in Alaska one year and saw griz everyday coming down to do there own fishing .

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I went to reset stakes in the ground yesterday only to strike frost maybe 2" down. The fence is on and the posts are leaning in the right direction. My confidence: low. I will check the ground again this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts