Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out visiting/checking my TBH the other day and found the hive covered with bees. The whole entrance end was covered. It was a nice sunny day, about 75 degrees with a faint breeze. I didn't think it was all that hot that they would be all outside, so Im wondering if they were preparing to swarm instead. Any comment is appreciated...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
So, the other day, how about the days following? The best way to tell is see what's going on in the inside. Based upon temperature, I doubt bearding, my vote is an over crowded hive checking out where they are going to land the swarm :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I was out visiting/checking my TBH the other day and found the hive covered with bees. The whole entrance end was covered. It was a nice sunny day, about 75 degrees with a faint breeze. I didn't think it was all that hot that they would be all outside, so Im wondering if they were preparing to swarm instead. Any comment is appreciated...
tenderton, So you should be done wondering by now, and the bees definitely have made a decision? What was it? Did you intervene?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts