Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our second year as Beeks and first year to set out swarm traps. So far we've caught and relocated five swarms. This is in addition to colonies captured through cut outs and swarm captures on trees. We sold five colonies but are now overrun again. It's getting hard to keep up with all these bees. I guess that's a good problem, but be careful what you ask for. If you are in northwest LA and need a colony or two, I know where some can be had.

:eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!

I keep finding $100 bills scattered around my lawn, and it's getting difficult to go out and pick them up daily.

:D

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is our second year as Beeks and first year to set out swarm traps. So far we've caught and relocated five swarms. This is in addition to colonies captured through cut outs and swarm captures on trees. We sold five colonies but are now overrun again. It's getting hard to keep up with all these bees. I guess that's a good problem, but be careful what you ask for. If you are in northwest LA and need a colony or two, I know where some can be had.

:eek:
Yeah, it's been great for us in the southern part of the state as well.

Decided to get started and said "I'm not gonna buy bees... I'm just gonna build traps and see what I get." We also placed our number around a bit and I never got around to building any traps. We have 7.5 hives a month after we got our first one (no splits). The half is because we are in the middle of a tree removal right now. It was larger than we thought!

If I get a call right now I might have to go pick up boxes from my buddy as I don't have any built to use right now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts