Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1041 - 1046 of 1046 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,205 Posts
Fight the mite! Build your own band heater vaporizer for around $100 in parts. For those of us that seem to have two left thumbs when it comes to building mechanical devices, consider purchasing a vaporizer from Biermann or RAST.

Please join me in wishing johno well as he refocuses his attention on the bees. ALL THE BEST MY FRIEND.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Over the last 2 1/2 years I have produced close to 3000 vaporizers and had hoped to meet the demand, however the the demand has been increasing to the point where it has become impossible for me to get even close to meeting it. I am also rapidly approaching my 77th Birthday and am getting tired of producing these vaporizers and wish to spend more of my time on the interests which I have neglected and so at this time I have decided to discontinue manufacturing vaporizers. Thank you for your support over the years but there comes a time when enough is enough and I just got there.
As soon as I can find some time I will produce some videos as to how I manufacture the parts for my vaporizer and how I put them together, this will also include a parts list and I will also put the STL files for the handle and cover onto Thingiverse so that these parts can be printed by interested beekeepers. Hopefully together we can try to make a dent in the mite population.
Johno
Johno,
Thank you so much for all of this hard work and guidance.
You have made a huge contribution to the Beekeeping Community!

We are all so lucky to have you carry on this conversation and continued experimentation to help guide us all in our efforts here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Btw, I have a 3D printable box/housing that the Mypin PID controller slides into. I have several different tops and bottoms to the box as my design has evolved with strain relief holes, fuse holder holes and on/off switch holes. I can post it on thingiverse if you are interested.

ptwat,
That is excellent.

It would be great if you did Post these to Thingverse. I would be hugely grateful. I have been trying to figure out designing, but the learning curve is getting me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much for your awesome product. Completely understand. Would love to see the how to do... especially how to solder the tube and bottom to the heating pot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Johno,
I want to thank you for the great product that you supplied me and many others. I cant speak for them, but it has changed how I keep my bees. The ease at which I can now treat them would not have happened were it not for your efforts (not buying the $500 unit). How many colonies owe thier existance to you? with 3000 easyvaps out there I would assume it is in the thousands because lets face it, making it easier to treat means we treat like we should.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Johno you are a class act for sure! All my appreciation and best to you.

I’ve seen lots of great ideas and innovations here, keep sharing everyone.

I’ve included my latest model here that is good for front or back hive treatments. I use Petg on these for the enclosure. My aluminum bar has peek washers to avoid heat transfer to the case. I’m using 300 watt heaters. My outlet tube is 90% copper 10% nickel which makes it quite more rigid than straight copper. The outlet tube temp tests at 370-415 so it vaporizes and OA that collects at tip due to outside temperature.
387CE6BC-D5F5-4289-B70B-96A2D39EE257.jpeg

1041 - 1046 of 1046 Posts