Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed this package on 4/24/14 last sun I saw 2 larva 1 capped this is what I saw today with one or two random larva being capped on a couple other frames this fram is the best one and two me being a newbie
It looks like drone brood so I think I may have a drone laying queen as you can see the queen in the pic please give me some input as I was hoping for a much better brood pattern and not all drones

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,457 Posts
yes that does look like capped drone brood, sorry.

perhaps you can contact your supplier tomorrow and request a new queen.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Wait for some weeks. Just a couple of infertile eggs are not a problem, at least at the beginning. I assume this is a young queen that just started to lay eggs. She may be right after she layed for some time. Watch for swarm/supersedure cells. Packages like to supersede and swarm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I contacted the supplier and he told me to put queen in cage and bring her back and he will replace her so my ? is whats the easiest way to put her back in cage with out crushing or damaging her also I will take her out around 4:30 today and have new queen home by 7:30 still plenty of daylight here at that time or should I wait until after work on tues that would be about 24 hrs queenless

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Dude,

You got a dud. Without using gloves, pick her up by the wings gently and place her in head first with the cage hole facing down so she can go in in an upwards direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts