Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting up in years, many of us get arthritis. I've heard of beekeepers who had to give up the job because they were just in too much pain to bend over anymore. That has been my fear increasingly as years have passed. I did not know how long I'd be able to do beekeeping. It was even difficult for me to walk distances of any length. No more.

I just had a procedure that has literally, turned things around for me. I'm attaching a very short video here because it can tell you what it's about better than I can in words. I had this procedure done last week and I'm absolutely amazed at how well it worked and how good I feel. The affects lasts for about a year to a year and one half and you can then repeat it as many times as necessary. If you are on Medicare, it doesn't cost a dime.

https://www.spine-health.com/video/lumbar-radiofrequency-neurotomy-video

By the way, the procedure takes about 20 minutes and you can get in your vehicle and drive home right after.

P.S. My procedure was done at NY Presbyterian/Weill-Cornell, Manhattan, by Dr. Jaspal Ricky Singh.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Watching the video it seems to provide relief in the same way a Rhizotomy does.... I’ve had 3.. lasts for about a year and allows me to live a almost normal life..... still lifting medium boxes... might have to go all shallow equipment before I die but I’ll go down fighting LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked up the Rhizotomy. You're right. It seems to do the same thing as the Neurotomy, however the Rhizotomy - at least from the video I saw - seems to be more invasive, and takes longer and there are incisions made. There are no incisions with the Neurotomy. Also, when you do a search, both procedures come up as synonymous to the each other. Whatever helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm very careful now as to how much I lift and how I lift. Herniated a disc last year and it pressed down into the spinal canal on my nerve that goes to my left let. Worse pain I've ever had. They did surgery and removed 1/2 the disc. Feels better now but now they said I'll probably have to have a spinal fusion in the future.
We don't realize how much weight that is sometimes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rhizotomy I had involved simple injections done under x-ray, walked out of he hospital like a new man 10 minutes later... the only downside I see is that it must be repeated annually..

I also had a disk fusion and while it was a major operation with significant recovery time it made a huge difference in my ability to do many things.. injections etc help with pain but when the disk is gone it’s more about repairing the mechanical issue..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts