Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I haven't actually bought any bees from him but i did talk to him on the phone several times. He sells nucs from his feral survivor stock that are treatment free. I was gonna go out to the bee yard with him while he pulled 5 frames and drop them in my nuc box. I chose to go the cheaper route with package bees local here in Alabama. They are doing ok but they were from Georga and they were not treatment free. I will most definitely go with the nuc from Arnolds Bees if I ever need to purchase bees again.
Just my two cents.
William Richardson
All About Bees
Hayden Al

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have never dealt with him personally but he is a member of the local bee club here in Knoxville. I have saw him at several of the meetings and he seems to be a very nice man and I have never heard anything bad about him.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I try to never miss a chance to comment on Tess. Got our first open bred Russians from him in 2003 in a couple of nucs. Went to the beeyard with him to put them in the boxes. Ended up helping him with a couple of others things while we were there. Have used other options with other folks since, but not because I was disappointed in any way with him or the way he did business. His 2 nucs grew into 6 hives before the summer was out and I got about 80 lbs. of honey that fall. All 6 survived the winter and helped us to increase to 17 hives the next year. Have only had contact with him a few times since, but would absolutely not hesitate to do business with him again!!
Arvin

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Got started back into bees 5 years ago with a 3lb pkg from Arnolds. I went with him because the climate in Knoxville is close to my area. I had some minor communication issues but after it was all said and done,,,he was busy,,,and I was impatient. It was well worth it. Fabulous bees. !! I made split after split over the years with daughters of that first queen and they were all good queens. I was actually looking to buy some Russian Queens back in June but he was out.

Rick SoMd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts