1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some like to propolize and chew the card
Building Wood Plant House Wall

Some like to just propolize only
Wood Rectangle Building Wood stain Hardwood

Some like to chew only.
Beehive Wood Apiary Natural material Wood stain

Some just drag it out the front door, that is a dried chunk of apiguard.
Road surface Asphalt Handwriting Wood Font

The bees that chewed only was my best honey producer this year, got four supers of honey and two supers of ross rounds off them.

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All of my queens are mutts at best.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Chewing up the card is a good sign. Lumps of hardened jell is not. Stir before each use is manufacturers caution. I would retreat personally. Test for mites too.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fist pic is 25 g of the second treatment, the rest of the pics are what was left after a week of a 25 g treatment.

All different hives.

Just posting pics of the different way bees handle the inside of their hives, some neat and tidy and others are heavy propolizers.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
The fist pic is 25 g of the second treatment, the rest of the pics are what was left after a week of a 25 g treatment.

All different hives.

Just posting pics of the different way bees handle the inside of their hives, some neat and tidy and others are heavy propolizers.
If the product is dry enough to be hauled out in large chunks, I wonder if it is working but you are probably right.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dry chunks are pretty much 100% thymol, the water base gel has dehydrated.

I think this is the way it is a slow release, as the water base gel dehydrates it leaves the thymol crystals exposed so they can sublime.

·
Registered
7,833 Posts
I treated thirty hives, two rounds at the full 50ml dose. Every one totally removed the Apiguard within four days. It’s one of the reasons that I put the second round on in ten days instead of two weeks.
I wonder if the reduced dosage is less offensive so they try to contain it rather than remove it.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
According to the directions a reduced dose is recommended when temps get up in the 90's.

I gave 25 g waited a week
25 g waited a week
50 g and will remove in two weeks

from the looks of things most of the 50 g is already gone and the two weeks will not be up until Thursday which is four more days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts