Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, friends. Two days ago I applied apiguard to my bees at 25 ° C. While examining a few of my hives today, I saw the enclosed puppies being ripped out. What could be the reason for this? My application temperature was normal. If it were high, wouldn't similar reactions be expected in other hives?

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
define enclosed puppies? where did you place the apiguard?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After the honey on the 2nd floor, I strained it and put it on the frames I gave back. In some hives, I placed it close to the wall honey stock frame, I applied apiguard to 32 hives, 6-7 of them were hatched.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
still don't have a clue what an enclosed puppies are. so you put the apiguard on top of ? you using 2 deeps, 2 med's, eight frame, 10 frames, what did you strain, the honey the apiguard? not sure I can help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the problem. Because thymol affects the feeding of varroa in the indoor brood. It goes out by opening the lids of the closed pupae. Bees also remove the bees under this hole covers as a hygiene behavior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't quite understand English, so I use the translation program. I know you have a problem with sentences. Sorry...

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
if you put your location it may help. If you are worried about some dead brood, that is normal, apiguard will kill mites. have never seen them uncap brood as the apiguard doesn't kill the mites under the capping. if you put apiguard between your brood chambers, you will get some dead brood on the landing board, but it's because you broke open the brood when opening the hive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts