Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about ordering some queens from Avoyelles honey in Louisiana ......have any of y'all used them?
Thanks
Kingfisher

·
Registered
28 Posts
King, I am friends with Ricky Bordelon, owner. I live about 15 miles from him. He is a great guy. I also have bought all of my packages from him and queens. Excellent packages. I get queen cells from him during the spring. I cannot say enough about his character. Just a great guy to do business with. I watch him graft sometimes. He knows his stuff. You can't go wrong. He deals with Italians. There is another guy in Evergreen Louisiana who only sells Russians. He is a manager for Evergreen Honey company. Joe Sanroma. They have a big operation over there. The ship bees all over the country. He wont sell honey locally though. Only commercial. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
We went to La quite a few years to bring Ricky's packages and queens back up to Wisconsin. He is great to work with, ethical, concientious and supplied a quality product. The family has been in bees for years.
Sheri

·
Registered
28 Posts
King, He will be selling packages. He usually has queens the last week of March or first week of April. Also the packages will be the last week of April or first week in May.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts