Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks good, and I like the small trays and observation windows. Just not sure if I'd be their first customer?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, my initial reaction after looking at their website and box construction brackets is that I've now created 5x times the nooks and crevices on the outside for rot to begin. I don't see how you properly seal the edges of the wood to keep capillary action water from creeping into the joints. There are also more crevices for beetles to hide on the inside of the hive too.
There is no way this saves money for a small to medium beekeeper.
I didn't evaluate the Styrofoam boxes because I'd never keep my bees in a petroleum based hive.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Anything With ECO in the name is almost certainly a scam, unable to bear the scrutiny of logic and needing to be propped up by the popular mythology.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Anything With ECO in the name is almost certainly a scam, unable to bear the scrutiny of logic and needing to be propped up by the popular mythology.
Now Now Mr Vance. As we all learned in pc school its about saving the renewable trees. They might never grow back....SAD. If they did all that carbon might be locked up only to be released at a later date. Double sad. The only benefit I see with these brackets is that they might save the corners where the hive tools gets jammed. When centers are getting split to put sub on or bottom feed the might help save a box. Beyond that.... not worth the work or the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts