Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some help this evening setting up a bait hive. Just did an inspection and im pretty sure those ladies are about to move. I tried to cut out as many swarm cells as I could but only got halfway through before I realized it was too late.

So if anyone is interested in coming to Brooklyn ASAP to help me out, you can take the swarm. They are from a really strong, docile colony. I got 80 lbs of excess honey from them in their first year and they barely required any feeding. These are some good bees. Italian.

Help!

-Meg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi. I may be able to help you tomorrow. If no else contacts you, let me know. I live in southern westchester, very near the bronx. Bruce.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke with Sam Comfort who encouraged me to make an emergency split. I had to rig a bottom board and an outer cover with a shallow and a board with a brick on it but im hoping that will do for a few days until I can get supplies to replace them with.

Jim Fischer is stopping by in the am to make sure I didn't screw anything up too much! Thanks a million for the offer, Bruce!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I spoke with Sam Comfort who encouraged me to make an emergency split. I had to rig a bottom board and an outer cover with a shallow and a board with a brick on it but im hoping that will do for a few days until I can get supplies to replace them with.

Jim Fischer is stopping by in the am to make sure I didn't screw anything up too much! Thanks a million for the offer, Bruce!
No Problem. Good luck. Bruce...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts