Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I used to have a couple of tarantulas too....they are so fun to watch!
I had a particularly nice and large Peruvian Pink-Toe. I gave them to the entomology dept. at Cornell later on, since my daughter was going there for her degree in entomology.

By the way, in your photo- I see that's a coconut shell now, but at first I thought it was the abdomen of a much larger tarantula sitting off to the side. :eek:

When I was a kid I kept every type of insect and animal I could manage to capture....even ****roaches! :cool: They were all cool to me.

Well, they'e not 'bugs', but I do keep worms as well. I have a special breed of composting worm in a bin in the house and they eat/process all our kitchen scraps and turn them into rich earthworm castings that I use in my vegetable garden. My worms ask for nothing in return, they are excellent 'livestock' to keep. I started with 2 lbs of worms (about 2000 worms), and now have probably about 5000 in the bin....though I wouldn't take the time to count them.
Here's a pile o' my little wormies:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I,m a first year beekeeper, but I have keeped and breed Tarantulas and Roaches for years! I wish I had started keeping bees a lot sooner.

H.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Crab removal method:

Materials/Tools Required:
Ice pick
Lighter fluid
Razor

1. Shave one side. This removes 1/2.
2. Light other side on fire.
3. Stab the remaining as they run across from fire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts