Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
M00741 SWARM CATCH W/NASONOV 2-PK
[M00741] $7.00

1-2 Vial Pack, Each Pack Wt. 8 oz Swarm Catch contains nasonov the orientation pheromone sometimes called the “come hither” pheromone. On average, swarms will occupy 50-80% of catch boxes with Swarm catch (provided there is a reasonable amount of swarming in the area). Place Swarm Catch lure into a super with empty drawn comb (should not contain honey). You can use a frame with beeswax foundation if frames of drawn comb are not available. Store lures in the freezer until use. • Capture swarms from your own hives thus reducing loss of honey bees. • Add to your hive count and honey yield by capturing stray swarms from other hives in the area

found at https://www.dadant.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=330

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
I have not used it. I use, with great luck, lemongrass oil and a frame or two of old black drawn comb. I've been using the same little bottle of lemongrass oil for five years now. It cost me $5 and I'm about 1/2 way through it. A couple drops ever month to 6 weeks during the swarming period and you're set. I got it from a local healthfood store.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Yes I have used the product:

1. In the extracting room, pinned to an old frame, to collect the loose bees.

2. I had a stack of suppers by the back door that had some "snoopers" checking it out during swarms season. Pinned it to a crack in the stack, got their attention, but lost the "vote"(no swarm).

Roland

1 - 6 of 6 Posts