Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum and since I don't have any bees yet, I thought it would be interesting to see if there are any other "goat herders" here...

We run milk goats, Saanen & Nigerian Dwarf cross, Nubian & Nigerian Dwarfs.

Pics of some of our goats
this is our oldest girl, Peaches...she had 4 at one time and raised all 4 by herself.

The three little ones in this pic are also from Peaches...they were the next year after the quads (4)

The little black one here is off of the Nubian (Ellie Mae) in the pic and our Nigerian Dwarf billy (Algerber) and the little tan one is off of Peaches and the same billy.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Very nice kids! Sorry, no goats but I am keenly interested in them. First I started with chickens, and my wife said nothing. Then I added bees and my wife again said nothing. Then goats came up as a topic, and she said "No." If and until that changes, we will be goat free. Keeping the peace is more important. Meanwhile, I'll treat the topic as something to learn about. It seems to be a natural extension to me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I used to have goats till all the storms tore my fences down. My last herd was over 70 adults. I think goat kids are the prettiest animals on the planet. Wish I wasn't so old I would have some more. I got into the goat business quite young. My sisters and my older brother told me about the trolls living under the old bridge. We had a bridge not far from my parents place. I was so scared back then, I prayed for God to send me a goat, and He did. Things multiplied after that. I was probably 4 or 5 years old then, and now, 75. I needed the goats to get rid of the trolls. Wonder if anyone has ever read "Billy Goat & the Trolls.?"

Anyway I tell people that I know God answers prayers for sure.

Best,

casper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts