Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am in Dublin in the county of Alameda and when I added my hives last year I checked with Dublin animal control and city permit department to make sure it was legal. I was advised no permits where needed and I was good to go. I recently read an article a few weeks back where the president of the alameda beekeeper association was fined in Fremont and forced to move his bees so it got me worried. I called Alameda county vector control today and they said that the city ordinances supersede the county. I called the Dublin permit departments and now they claim a permit is required for Alameda county and you must have an acre of land to keep bees. I have 2 hives now and a neighbor that is getting to be a pain because she claims my bees bother her when she's at her pool even though they have their own water source. Has anybody else in Alameda county had this issue??? My plot is only 1/3 an acre....

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Have you spoken to the Alameda Co Beekeepers club?
A person in Martinez is having trouble with the city right now. They claim that having an apiary makes him "large scale agriculture"

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I jus have 2 hives in Dublin right now so I am just upset.... Is contra costa county more flexible? I might start looking for a place to move my hives... I am on the border or San Ramon / contra costa county...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts