Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked to give a talk on bee keeping at the local CTO meeting May 1st. :scratch:
(Cross Trail Outfitters Inc., is a Christian youth hunting and fishing club under the national umbrella of Cross Trail Outfitters)
Two of the boy's I am setting up with hives and bees are in CTO and the local leader wants me to give the talk.
I have never done any thing like this before so I was wondering if any one has a basic Power Point on bee keeping they would be willing to share.
I will be talking with our club President but he is on his way to Georgia to pick up a load of packages of bees.:applause:

I have done a search on beesource but did not find any thing I can use.
Thank You for any help you can give me.

I have included there link if you would like to know more about CTO.
https://www.teamcto.org/springfield

Jim
Hoot Owl Lane Bees

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rader
It does not surprise me that you are the first to reply.
Thank You you are a blessing to all of us searchers here on the forum.
Jim

·
Registered
819 Posts
Greetings,
I posted a PowerPoint on my website that I used when I was asked to give a talk at Intel Corp. of all places. The fact that I retired from there had something to do with it.

www.goldfinch-acres.com

navigate to the section on beekeeping, then scroll to the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I still recall the first time I gave a dissertation on honey bees. I prepared for weeks. When it came down to it. My passion for bees took over and every bit of information I had ever acquired about them flowed as warm honey. The most important things are be yourself, and show your passion for the craft. All else will fall into place.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I still recall the first time I gave a dissertation on honey bees. I prepared for weeks. When it came down to it. My passion for bees took over and every bit of information I had ever acquired about them flowed as warm honey. The most important things are be yourself, and show your passion for the craft. All else will fall into place.
That's precisely how it happen with me. I inspired a few of my co-workers to start the hobby with that presentation. To this day, they email me with every hive check they do and ask my opinion even tho the Internet is chalk-full of info and I left there two years ago.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark Thank You
I have been teaching boy's in Royal Rangers for close to 20 years so it is almost second nature.
But I get very nervous teaching adults.

I have reviewed the links that were shared and received some from some of our club members.
Now I have to bring it all together.

Thank You All very much.:thumbsup:
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts