Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First week of April is when I mostly get my first call. My spring buildup has been slow with the real cold temps this year, so I think the swarms might be another 10 days to 2 weeks out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in Denton and haven't heard about any yet, either. I have one hive that looks like it's about to swarm with swarm cells all over. I set out a couple of traps, but checked today and they haven't swarmed. Very soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had my first swarm tonight. Found it about 7:00 in the bee yard. About 6 feet off the ground and easy to reach. Dropped it in a med super with a deep and frames below it. I left it for the night and will shake it off in the morning. I added a feeder and screened off the opening. I think I will remove the screen in 24 to 48 hrs. I'm about 3 hrs east of you

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I was in Naples this weekend. East Texas is ahead of the Dallas/north Texas area by a week or more. We're not seeing much blooming yet. My clover hasn't done much do to lack of rain. I don't see any vetch blooming on the roadsides in the usual places, and that's a warm micro climate. The early blooming trees bloomed too early and got bit hard by the last freeze. Spring isn't looking that great so far. We need a week of rain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts