Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading that the fed. gov. would give grants to new or small bee keeper Also that some states give small grants. Where do you go to get these grants. I just started a few months ago im up to 11 hives that I pulled from around north Alabama. and im in need of lumber and frames. Oh a proper bee suit would bee great lol

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I don't know about AL - I investigated Federal options a few months back and didn't find any. My search was in response to a similar inquiry. No one I talked with knew of any - I visited our local USDA field office and they knew of none.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I don't know of any Grants now, but in the past there was some. One was awarded to WVU professors to investigate the Essential oils to see if there was any validity to using them in the hives. They are the creators of HBH formula that so many use today. As well as using wintergreen grease patties. So apparently in the past there was some grants, his was 80 grand. Small Business Loans are available from the gov though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe ill beg on the corner with a empty honey jar. I heard those guys pull in a good chunk of change. just have to make a sign "ill work for wood" well maybe worded a little differnt:lpf:

·
Registered
Bee Wrangler
742 Posts
Tennessee has a program that pays for 50% of many things beekeeping related (bees, boxes, frames, foundation, extraction equipment, etc.). You do have to have 3 years of experience, take and pass a class plus all of the paper work. It is called the Tennessee Agriculture Enhancement Program (TAEP). Contact your local ag extension agent to see if they have something similar.

Here is our program.........
http://www.tn.gov/agriculture/enhancement/prod_divers.shtml

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Tennessee has a program that pays for 50% of many things beekeeping related (bees, boxes, frames, foundation, extraction equipment, etc.). You do have to have 3 years of experience, take and pass a class plus all of the paper work. It is called the Tennessee Agriculture Enhancement Program (TAEP). Contact your local ag extension agent to see if they have something similar.

Here is our program.........
http://www.tn.gov/agriculture/enhancement/prod_divers.shtml

Very Interesting ! I feel a phone call coming on. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts