Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6a 4th yr 7 colonies inc. resource hive
642 Posts
Anyone want to share and beekeeping Black Friday deals? I
MannLake- just picked up a 10 frame complete painted hive (hive buster deal) along with the must have varroa trap at 12% off plus free shipping.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Did not need anything in the hivebuster deals but picked up a few items at 12% off and still got the free shipping.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Where does the 12% show for mann lake? I saw it on the banner, but looking at the hive boxes I don't see a decrease in price.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Mann Lake has 12% off "almost everything"

Dadant has 10% off.

Dadant's AP23 is ok but I used to get the Ultra Bee 10 pound bucket, easier to store.

Anyone tried Bee-Pro? (also Mann Lake)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Does dancing bee offer free shipping after a certain $ order? When I get to shipping, i see UPS ground or they will contact me with my custom shipping rate and it says free. Is that they will contact me for free or ths shipping will be free?

·
Registered
6a 4th yr 7 colonies inc. resource hive
642 Posts
What is a Varroa trap?
The Varroa Trap at Mannlake is what most people would call a screened bottom board, but when used with a solid board underneath (critical) uses the feature of a screen but without the open ventilation to the ground that can cause other problems (pests, too much air movement). I spent a long time researching the virtues of regular sticky board sampling and I can't imagine beekeeping without it. It fits on top of my regular solid board with the opening to the back. Enjambres (a prolific BeeSource contributor who I have a lot of respect for) uses this same configuration and got me interested in it. One day a book will be written about what sticky boards are telling us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts