Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been 50 years since I extracted honey with my father-in-law...
Now I'm getting back into it since
1) two swarms showed up at my 60 acre cattle ranch in Wharton county...
And
2) Washington County property taxes continue to explode!!!
I filled out my personal info...
Have been a member of Central Texas Beekeepers, and am joining Colorado County Beekeepers this month...
I'm super active in way too much from HLSR to woodworking, but I'm really looking forward to harvesting next year (and learning what not to do this year...)..

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Welcome. Lots of threads here to read. Choose ones about people from your area. Remember that bees are livestock that require feed, medication and management. Management does not mean seven photos of every frame on a cool day and detailed searches for the queen! Go in your hives but for a reason and be prepared to fix what you find wrong, That is my goal, though on a warm balmy day when the colony is well established, months after any queen introduction, some good recreational study is good for the soul and not fatal to the bees if you are super careful not to squish the queen or wave frames around and loose her in the grass. I envy you the thrill of discovery! It is just like Christmas every time I go in a hive and I have been doing it since the sixties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts