Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yes and the Ukraine is #1 in science and technology! I know that is where I go for tech!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes and the Ukraine is #1 in science and technology! I know that is where I go for tech!
"to measure what each country on earth contributes to the common good of humanity, and what it takes away, relative to its size"

Maybe the Ukrainian scientists/inventors have given away for free what they have done, while in the Silicon Valley they want to get their own pockets and bank accounts full?

But even we in Finland don´t want to give everything for free, like advise on BS:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/28/a...-of-a-patent-lawsuit-settlement/?guccounter=1

·
Registered
415 Posts
Terve! It is surprising a country with such a long night is so happy. Maybe it's the Karelian piirahka or the viili.... Or maybe we all need more saunas....

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Terve!
Yeah, I suppose we do something right. :thumbsup:

Karjalan piirakka is definitely one of our secrets. Viili has usually today some flavours, which may also have benefited.

And sauna, as you may know know we have a proverb: "If sauna, tar or boose doesnt´help, we might as well did a grave ready"

(Tar used to be the main exported goods in Finland before the wider raise of forest industry in around 1850s.)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I know suicide rates used to very bad in Finland, years back - due to your very long winter periods without much sun. I took an interest in that as I also suffered from S.A.D. during my academic days - far too much time spent indoors with books during fine weather. As soon as I realised the underlying cause and dosed myself with light, the problem disappeared.
LJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts