Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in my queen castle putting queens in nucs {2 frames castle set up} and I found a queen laying in the bottom of the castle all legs straight up in the air I was shocked I had never rolled a queen be for so I was bummed . So I pick her up and lay her on top another hive and she was moving very slow like she was fighting to stay alive.:(
I go back to emptying my castle {3 queens} in to nucs when I look over at the queen laying on top the hive and she's just a live as ever so I put her in a cage .

So I'm going to make up a nuc tomorrow and give her a home.
She will be my fainting queen:D
Ya just never know when it comes to bee's

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope not cold or wet nice day for beeing.
She fainted .:)

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I have neuropathy and sometimes hold them too tight between my fingers and they sometimes recover as you relate. Was she pinched?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have neuropathy and sometimes hold them too tight between my fingers and they sometimes recover as you relate. Was she pinched?
Not that I seen but she may of been rolled.
I have 5 years and never rolled a queen.:kn:

·
Registered
641 Posts
If you could develop a strain of fainting bees, that would be a moneymaker :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey GLOCK about two weeks or so ago I was cutting out some swarm cells and placed one of the cells on top of a hive lid and then forgot about it. I found the cell a few days later and put the cell in with another cell and waited to see if it would hatch. Too my surprise I found a nice queen from that cell.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I was marking a queen the other night and she "fainted". I thought she was dead and put her in a queen cage with the plan to put her in my queen juice jar when I got back to the truck. When I went to take her out of the cage she was slowly moving around the cage, so I reintroduced her to her hive through the front entrance.

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
I have the same affect on women, I tried singing to them, but that only made it worse, not sure what to try next.:scratch:
You have the sense of humor, just add kindness and respect, thay should go a long way......:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts