Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my husband came up with an oxalic acid vaporizer that takes 30 seconds per hive. It works every time and does not have the heating up and cooling off time lapse like the others. He currently has made and sold 12 units. We will be working on a patent so I would prefer to not post a picture, but was wondering if there would be others that would be interested in a unit like this?

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Sure when I needed to. And the device is reasonably price.
But at the moment I do not treat at all.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I am interested, too.

But, I wonder how well it really works and whether it is affordable for a hobbyist like myself.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Not enough info. time is not the highest thing on my list. Cost is more of a concern. I see the way to faster treatment is multiple vaporizers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
A vaporizer that can do a hive in 30 seconds is going to be expensive. The small beekeeper like myself. The varrox is a better option. 165 for varrox, and 3lbs of oxalic acid from ebay, will last most hobbies the rest of their life.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I had plans to order a vaporizer today.

You may email information to me directly if you wish to avoid public release. My email is david at segrestrealty.com

I will need shipment before next weekend, (Oct something)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
David, you will regret posting that e-mail. You should edit it to read david(at)segrestrealty.com to avoid harvesting by bots.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The reason why my husband made this unit was because it was either the varrox or a unit he found for a ridiculous amount and even than you had to buy an extra part to it. Were not looking to make these things a business. Basically, it catches people's attention as soon as they see or hear about it so I thought if it would help someone like it helped my husband, why not?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
It's really hard to tell without additional info/picture/price. How do you plan to disseminate this info?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts