Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you read the article in ABJ about Amino-B Booster(tm)? What did you think of it? Anyone using it?

I wonder what the possibilities are of using this stuff on Russians to help them out of winter a little more, so they are more adaptable for almonds pollination.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm skeptical. This product is made by Dadant, the same company that publishes ABJ.

Or am I wrong? Very well could be.

Other than the obvious conflict of interest, the product may indeed have potential.

Robert

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'm bumping this up:

Has any one tried this, Amino-B- Booster, if so what appears to be the results ?

Any thing near like they advertise ?

Worth the money ?

Thanks

:lookout: PCM

·
Registered
328 Posts
I used it on several swarms and 8 frame nucs I started late summer. They seemed to build up quick on it. I am going to start feeding it Mid-Jan with pollen patties to see how fast these 8 frame nucs will build up.

One cut out started with 5 medium frames of rubber banded comb in a 8 frame box mid August. When I went back in mid-october all frames were full of comb and nice stores with good brood patterns.

I will try and keep the stats as I build up this spring. I don't really have stats without it right now but hope my info will help.

From the literature they seem to imply you don't need pollen....is anyone else reading it that way?

I don't get the ABJ so I dont know what they said in the article....is it online anywere for free?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Amino-B booster is manufactured by the same folks that brought us Honey-B-Healthy. If you go to their website you can download a 29 page PDF and read all about it (very scientific explanation). This product is said (by the manufacturer) to work best when mixed with sugar syrup and HBH. If you use this product in sugar syrup alone, the mixture can ferment and harm your bees.

I think we will be adding this product to our line-up, as we have had nothing but good luck with HBH.

Chris Harvey--Teakwood Organics
www.thewarrestore.com

·
Registered
328 Posts
Does anyone know besides Dadant where you can buy it? They always combine it with a small bottle of HBH but I have a gallon of HBH so I don't need any more.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I created patties with and without it to test the bees preference, i will let you know how that works out. The hives that I have fed amino-b to are looking pretty good except for one...which i think it a queen issue. One swarm I caught last July is up to 2 medium boxes of brood right now. I might have to take some swarm control actions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts