Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -

I am retired Navy and work for Home Depot now.

Two years ago my wife got me into backyard chickens when a friend was moving and had to leave her small flock behind.

Now we are going to start backyard beekeeping also. I'm looking forward to it. My wife wants the honey. LOL.

I plan to buy my first hive setup, either at Murdoch's (local farm/ranch store) or one of the online bee shops this fall and I think I will do a NUC come Spring from one of the Northern CO suppliers as they are acclimated to our weather.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m new, too. Well, not new YET, but come spring... (if it comes:p ) I will begin to commence. Just wanted to give a fellow west-Midwesterner a hullo! My dad was in the Navy. Thanks for being a blessing to us all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you for replying.

Michael, I found your website and bookmarked it. Lots of good info.

If I had the summer free I would consider your apprentice program. Boy could I learn from that!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you in SW Wyoming? I'm 7 hours and 45 minutes from Laramie if you drive the speed limit. I should have some nucs available this spring.
I drive the speed limit. In my old age I've learned to enjoy the trip and it isn't worth the ticket.

I live in Green River which is another 3 hours and 15 minutes down I-80 past Laramie.

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
I drove through Green River once, on my way to Kemmerer, in January. It was COLD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts