Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Yep, just at $7 per pound. Checked on Amazon and the range is pretty tight in the 3# bag. As far as terms, I think they offer free delivery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great post. Had some respect for your posts until this. JWPalmer. Guess the rest of your stuff is just crap too?

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Sorry, Becuna bees. It was too easy. Everyone that posted knew you meant almond pollination prices. Just having a tiny bit of fun on a cold night. No offense meant.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Sorry, Becuna bees. It was too easy. Everyone that posted knew you meant almond pollination prices. Just having a tiny bit of fun on a cold night. No offense meant.
I think, by most accounts, prices are moving sideways. Dosen't seem to be much urgency from either growers or beekeepers.......yet. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
I'm curious too, with several news stories recently about the use of drones for pollination.
Ha ha. Perhaps a few decades from now Near term if there is a threat to the almond pollination business it would be lack of water (the southern part of the valley is literally a desert) or self pollinating trees which would probably still require some level of insect pollination for high yield and good nut quality.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I know what Major Payne would say about this, "Sens-ahhhh-tive".

Alex

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Well, perhaps one should say more clearly what they are looking for. :)

I say that in this thread because there ARE Beesource threads discussing almond [as in 'nut'] prices. For example ....

https://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?322569-Almond-Prices-Crash
Welllll ya but this is a posting under "Commercial Beekeeping" at a time of year when all the commercials I know are intensely interested in the current bee supply and rental rates in the final run up to the almond bloom. To me it seems odd to be inquiring here about where I can get the best price on a bag of nuts. Just sayin. Carry on. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts