Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Allergic after 6 years of beekeeping. HELP

669 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Dorothy
I had always had a reaction to my stings , mostly swelling. Then I started taking antihistamines prior to going into my hives....this helped a lot. One time I decided to pull that weed in front of the hive as I was passing by and got stung twice. Next thing I know I nearly passed out from my blood pressure dropping and I had severe hives.... and a trip to the ER. I miss beekeeping tremendously and wonder if anyone has suggestions? I guess I could just carry an epi pen馃槄
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Did you wear a suit every time you worked bees? I heard of this happening, I let them sting me, I just wear a veil, welcome to BeeSource.
Many people have been able to take it back up after immunotherapy, allergy shots of bee venom to get your body used to the sting.
I miss beekeeping tremendously and wonder if anyone has suggestions? I guess I could just carry an epi pen��
Get a referral from your primary to meet with an allergist. You can be desensitized
I wore a bee suit sometimes... received many stings through the years.
Thanks I did not know this and I used to work with the head of Allergy Asthma and Immunology!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top