Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Sorry, I just wanted some CA honey for WI. The residue is from the package I left with Kieth to get him from under the bus. I didn't think I had the power to give this much publicity to honey though.:lpf:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
My daughter is planning to take a couple of squeeze bottles of honey back to Paris with her this time. I wonder if we should put a big sign on the outside of the bag?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Check with the airport but I think it is ok in the checked luggage not with carry-on luggage.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Since Bakersfeild is right down the road, I got a little more in depth story from our local paper. The guy was a gardener from milwaukee and was carrying the honey in gatorade bottles rather than in labeled honey jars. The theory at this point is that the traces of TNT were picked up from contact with fertaliser in his line of work.

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
You don't get trinitrotoluene from ammonium nitrate. You can make a cheap low grade pushing explosive with fertilizer, but you won't end up with TNT. Calling it TNT sounds good for the media though.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I thought it was the second form of explosive residue they detected that they thought was picked up by fertilizer contact? And what about the noxious fumes from the "honey" that sent 2 to the hospital for treatment? Something's fishy here. I just get the feeling this is some sort of cover-up story and we're not being told the whole truth, or that maybe the guy was testing airport security to see if he could sneak a bomb past them later on or something. Or maybe I'm just getting paranoid, I don't know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts