Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need I need to air out these moth crystal stored supers as quick as possible. Went out of town and came back to a few hives having filled out supers super fast...after just inching along the previous weeks.
I usually air out for a week leaned up.(see pic). But got to thinking...could air out quicker with a fan on top?(see pic)
Wanted to hear yall's thoughts and how long you think that fan would take?
IMG_4161 - Edited (1).jpg
IMG_4160 - Edited (1).jpg
Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
So I need I need to air out these moth crystal stored supers as quick as possible. Went out of town and came back to a few hives having filled out supers super fast...after just inching along the previous weeks.
I usually air out for a week leaned up.(see pic). But got to thinking...could air out quicker with a fan on top?(see pic)
Wanted to hear yall's thoughts and how long you think that fan would take?
View attachment 55927
View attachment 55929
Thanks!!
I would look at the package instructions for "Paramoth" here are the instructions from Mann Lake's site:

Para-Moth® is used to control wax moths in stored supers. Place 3 oz (85.04 g or 6 tablespoons) on a paper plate and place on top bars of uppermost super. Stack 5 deep supers or 9 shallow supers and cover with a tarp. Equipment should be aired for several days before use.

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
I would lay the supers on their sides and have the fan blow through them like a wooden tunnel. Better airflow. Just a wild a'd guess, but two days would seem sufficient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts