Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

For the past 3 years at least there has been a nest inside the wall of house next door. The landlord is the same for both our property and that one. He refuses to do anything about the problem. There are always hundreds if not thousands of bees around the holes on the outside of the house where the landlord drilled to put insolation in years ago. Each year the bee population seems to increase. They are always around our property also due to the amount of bees. I have no clue what kind of bee it is looks like a honey bee but i have no clue if it is. Is there any way i can report this issue to someone to have it taken care of it seems like a public safety issue to me. I imagine the nest is very large by now. Being that it is not in our property i don't know what i could do about it and i would guess it is going to be very expensive to remove. The tenet who lives there is very unlikely to complain due to his past as he is not someone who i think anyone would care to help. I am just sick of being stung as you walk by and them getting in the house and stinging our animals also when my mother visits she is allergic. Its summer i want to enjoy the outdoors and not live in fear of stepping outside. There are no local bee clubs and from what i have read this is not a issue they would help with due to the location inside of a wall. Thank you very much for your help.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
If your mother gets red and swollen and itchy, this is not allergic, just a normal reaction to venom. If she has trouble breathing and breaks out in hives all over, that may be a serious allergic reaction. If you are getting stung when you walk by, you could report it as a nuisance to the city or the county (depending on where you are). Most governments (city and county) have laws about nuisances and if people are getting stung regularly, that is very definition of a nuisance.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Check out the removal list in upper bar;
Joe Papineau
Newark, NY
Phone: 585-694-8974
Email: [email protected]
Comments: I will remove honeybee swarms in the Wayne county area, free of charge. No swarms high in trees, in buildings, or established colonies. I will be giving the bees a good home, where they will be used for splits, honey production, and pollination.

Not a removal but he may have referral.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts