Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish these bees could read, then they would go into my NUCs like good little girls, like the books say. Anyway; The bees are in a wood frame garage with vinal siding. The owner wants them out but no demolation. Put a screen funnel over the main entrance, they stopped using it, plugged off the other holes they had and now are between the siding. The eggs and brood in the first NUC did not make it, so I put up a second NUC with new eggs/brood and a similar frame in the first NUCwhich is now doing very well the other NUC seems dead. I would have looked inside, but zapped in the lower lip and now looks like I got sucker-punched! Ya, had the vail on but took it off for a drink, wish it were Scotch now. Anyway, I sprayed a mixture of Tee Tree Oil and Almond around the siding and another entrance I can not get to without some demo. If this does not work WHAT NEXT:s I have screen stapled and duck taped to a window and the siding, they keep finding ways back in. O The orgional funnel is now active again, after I cleaned out a bunch of dead bees. A thought is to vacuum what bees I can over a few days, but what do I do with the bees:scratch: Can I bring them to my main yard and open the vac. or what??

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
The hardest part of a trap out is blocking all the entrances they find to get back in.-- I never heard of the tee tree oil thingy.-- If the bees in the vac are alive I would just let them loose in the bee yard but I have never vaccumed bees from a trap out.

I keep the nuc (with one frame of brood and bees) as close the the end of the exit funnel as I can, the last one I did the first nuc was full and running over in 3 days.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
with your hands tied by the unreasonable owner (does he know about the mice and vermin attracted to a poisoned-out beehive? that the honey will sour and ferment and run out under the siding?) id say one more try at stopping up the entrances, then walk away.
maybe when another swarm smells the beeswax (there wont be much usable comb left after the moths,beetles, and mice find it) and moves in , he'll be more reasonable.
good luck,mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts