Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to add wax to plastic foundation? Apply with a brush, put on thick or thin, etc...

Also, would it be beneficial to add wax 'shavings' to the landing board or on top of the frames?

It was mentioned here that new hives use a lot of time and effort in drawing comb, was thinking of doing some things that may help give a head start.

Larry

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
What is the best way to add wax to plastic foundation? Apply with a brush, put on thick or thin, etc...

Also, would it be beneficial to add wax 'shavings' to the landing board or on top of the frames?

It was mentioned here that new hives use a lot of time and effort in drawing comb, was thinking of doing some things that may help give a head start.

Larry
The plastic foundation can be painted or dipped in syrup to encourage the bees to accept the frames.
The wax shavings will be considered trash and the bees will toss it out the front door.
I have watched my bees collecting wax that was left in the bee yard for them to clean up the bridge and burr comb honey that some made in my feed rims.
I have observed bees removing wax off the sheets of wax foundation in spring and fall that was in out door storage.

Ernie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.