Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two weak queenless hives. I was going to put some frames of brood and eggs in. Can I leave the bees on frames or add bees from another hive. Is there any type of process in this or just swap them? I just pulled both hives both had just swarmed and no queen to be found. not many bees in eather hive. one is from a tree other from side of house. both had what looks like just hatched queen cells.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Yes, add brood when you can. Queenless bees will readily accept new brood. Per Bush - "a frame of open brood, every week for three weeks". This will treat/cure almost any malady in a hive.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, add brood when you can. Queenless bees will readily accept new brood. Per Bush - "a frame of open brood, every week for three weeks". This will treat/cure almost any malady in a hive.
sweet just making sure. Like most of the beekeeping seem almost too easy. what about the nurse bees should I leave them on?

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
If they have open queen cells they probably are not queenless. but it makes no difference. pull the frames from a strong hive, inspect well for queen, then inspect for her again. and add the frame with attacked bees to the week hive. I do this with good hives that are behind fairly regularly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts